Eep.

on Saturday, August 6, 2011

I have been quite busy lately. I miss blogging. ;)

We are all moved into the new house. It is wonderful in ways that I cannot even describe. Our first few nights here, and it just felt like home. Even with boxes and crap all over the place!!

It is so nice and quiet here. I love the house... We got M's room painted and her new bed in place. I have some touch up to do, and some finishing touches to do and her room is done. I am not doing anything with our bedroom, as I like it the way it is. Mom's room is ok the way it is too...for now. The living room will have to wait (want to replace the ceiling and put up new molding) and the kitchen is loverly. The wallpaper where the fireplace is, and down the hall, has got to go. That will be a winter project though.

I was going to paint my office. I am on the fence though. I WANT to paint it, yet I do not want to tear off the wallpaper and actually paint it. I suck at painting. LOL. So, we shall see what happens with that.

We still have quite a bit to unpack and the garage needs to be organized yet. But we are in and enjoying it here. M LOVES her new room.

When we left the old place, my mom had asked my cousin if she could buy the fridge, washer, and dryer that was down in the apartment. My cousin said not to be ridiculous, to just take it.

So we did.

When I went over there yesterday to get the mail and my plants, she opened the door and did not even say Hi to me. She grabbed the mail, handed it to me, and then said, "Uhh.. what happened to the refrigerator, and the washer and dryer that was down in the apartment??"

*crickets*

So I answered, "Uhh. You told my mom that we could have them...." And she says,"No. I SAID that it was to stay with the house."

I was quite taken aback, as that is NOT what happened. She had come over to the house to talk to my mom. My mom let her know that we had a closing date, and that we would be out by months end. She then asked her one simple question, "When you sell the house, do the appliances need to be here?" Cousin said, "No. Why?" At that point my mom told her that we were interested in buying the fridge, and washer and dryer that were all down in the apartment. Cousins exact words at that point were,"Oh Aunt J, don't be ridiculous.. I do not want your money. Just go ahead and take them." My mom then said, "Are you sure?" And cousin said, "Yes. Just take them. I just want to be rid of this place.."

The conversation then turned to other things and that was that.

So, I said to her, "NOOOO. You told Mom that we could take it...."
She gave me a dirty look and said, "Well, I do not remember saying that."

At that point I just looked at her and said, "Well, if you can get someone with a truck, come and get them..."

She said, "Oh. I will get someone up there..." She sort of snorted, all condescending like, and slammed the door in my face.


Right. Okay. I think the thing that pisses me off the most is that this woman has known me MY ENTIRE LIFE. And even though we have lived many miles apart from one another for most of our lives, she KNOWS ME. She KNOWS my MOM. And she KNOWS that we are NOT the type of people who are going to make off with THREE major appliances without an OKAY. I mean, really? What the hell?

I am pissed off beyond words. But more than that? I am crushed. I cried the whole way home after that. It really hurt me... Ugh.

More to come later..including lots of pics!! I need to do some major purging..




"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's just a cunt. I was going to ask how the goodbye went; now I see. The washer leaks and after 3 hours my clothes weren't dry.

Post a Comment